Built on the shores of Lake Pepin in the early 1900′s, The Pepin Pickling Company was owned by Ed Theis and his family. Several varieties of pickles and sauerkraut were produced here until they moved their operation to Winona, MN. The building was then used for numerous ventures by different owners.
In 1987 the building was purchased by Wayne and Carol Nelson, and Ralph and Mary Wallin. The building was bought with a restaurant/bar in mind. While many things needed to be remodeled, the ceiling remained the same. In June of 2003, the Nelson’s sold the business and building to Bruce “Wally” and Renee Lohman, Roger and Lisa Anderson.
The Dove family assumed ownership of the “Pickle” in July, 2013. Steve and Marianne look forward to continuing the tradition of great food and service. The Pickle Factory underwent a renovation with an interior facelift the end of November, 2013 and a lower level “Bottom of the Barrel” facelift, Spring 2017.